The compulsory age for home-school education in Pennsylvania is 6 to 18 years. A child who turns 6 years old by September 1, 2020, must be enrolled in a public, private, charter, or home-school program.
Required Documentation for Home Education
1) A child’s parent or guardian must file a notarized affidavit, along with education objectives and required immunization and health records with supporting documents, to: Penn Manor School District Superintendent’s Office, Attn: Cindy Rhoades, P.O. Box 1001, Millersville, PA 17551.
You can contact Cindy by phone at 717-872-9500 ext. 2223, or via email at email@example.com.
2) In addition to the notarized affidavit, the following attachments must be included:
- Educational objectives for each subject for each student.
- Evidence of immunization (records or a letter from physician) or religious exemption.
- Health/Medical services records or a letter from physician or religious exemption (upon initial entrance, Grades 6 and 11).
- Dental services or religious exemption (upon initial entrance, Grades 3 and 7).
- Evidence that the supervisor possesses a high school diploma or equivalent (must be submitted only when initially enrolling into the Home Education Program).
3) It is required that home-schooled children with a disability have the proposed education program reviewed and approved by a clinical psychologist or a certified special education teacher prior to submitting the objectives.
NOTE: Copies of an affidavit are available and can be notarized, free of charge, if parent/guardian makes an appointment to meet with Cindy Rhoades to submit paperwork.
August 1 – Notarized affidavit with appropriate paperwork for current home-school students.
June 30 – Evaluation of education program from licensed or certified evaluator submitted to the school district.
New students living in Penn Manor should be registered prior to August 31, 2020.
PA Dept of Education – Home Education Information