Homeschool students residing in Penn Manor are now eligible to attend courses at Penn Manor schools as part of their homeschool education.
Here are FAQs on this option for parents.
Use this form to formally begin the process to enroll a homeschool student in a Penn Manor course/courses.
The compulsory age for home-school education in Pennsylvania is 6 to 18 years. A child who turns 6 years old by September 1 must be enrolled in a public, private, charter, or home-school program.
Required Documentation for Home Education
1) A child’s parent or guardian must file a notarized affidavit or unsworn declaration, along with educational objectives and required immunization and health records with supporting documents, to: Penn Manor School District Superintendent’s Office, Attn: Cindy Rhoades, P.O. Box 1001, Millersville, PA 17551.
You can contact Cindy by phone at 717-872-9500 ext. 2223, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) In addition to the notarized affidavit or unsworn declaration, the following attachments must be included:
- Educational objectives for each subject for each student.
- Evidence of immunization (records or a letter from physician) or religious exemption.
- Health/Medical services records or a letter from physician (upon initial entrance, Grades 6 and 11).
- Dental services or a letter from dentist (upon initial entrance, Grades 3 and 7).
- Evidence that the supervisor possesses a high school diploma or equivalent (must be submitted only when initially enrolling into the Home Education Program).
3) It is required that home-schooled children with a disability have the proposed education program reviewed and approved by a clinical psychologist or a certified special education teacher prior to submitting the objectives.
NOTE: Copies of an affidavit are available and can be notarized, free of charge, if parent/guardian makes an appointment to meet with Cindy Rhoades to submit paperwork.
August 1 – Notarized affidavit with appropriate paperwork for current home-school students.
June 30 – Evaluation of education program from licensed or certified evaluator submitted to the school district.
New students moving into the Penn Manor School District and students currently being educated in a Penn Manor school or in a private or charter school, may register for homeschooling at any time during the school year.
PA Dept of Education – Home Education Information
- Affidavit – Elementary Sample (grades K-6) (Word)
- Affidavit – Secondary Sample (grades 7-12) (Word)
- Affidavit – Elementary Unsworn Declaration (Word)
- Affidavit – Secondary Unsworn Declaration (Word)