Why work for Penn Manor?
Penn Manor is a forward-thinking school district that encourages creative approaches to meeting the needs of all students, both academically and socially. We are known for our emphasis on technology in the classroom, student collaboration, agricultural education and technical and career training. Our schools are rated among the best in Pennsylvania by “U.S. News & World Report.” Please consider joining our dynamic staff of employees, who are working each day to improve our community, one student at a time.
Teaching Position Vacancies
Candidates should complete the online application at www.pa-educator.net.
Current Openings for the 2023-2024 school year include:
Various K-6 Teachers
Health & PE Secondary Teachers
Learning Support Teacher
Family and Consumer Science Teacher
Read more about the PA Educator process.
Hourly Position Vacancies
Apply here. Positions include building and health room aides, food service, custodial and buildings and grounds position.
Coaching Vacancies – Apply here.
Administration / Act 93 Vacancies – Apply here.
Classroom Monitor/Substitute Teacher Services
- Must be at least 25 years of age; and have completed a training on classroom management which will be provided to you. This course will be offered through the IU13’s online platform;
- Must have completed 60 semester hours or the equivalent of courses at a regionally accredited college or university located in Pennsylvania. Must be able to provide official college transcripts, or;
- Must have at least three (3) years experience as a paraprofessional or building aide in a school entity and is currently employed as a paraprofessional or building aide in a school entity. This information must be able to be verified.
- Apply through STS by going to this link: the sub service
- Click on the Classroom Monitor opening and follow the directions
- Classroom Monitors cannot grade assignments and they cannot develop lesson plans. They will receive $150 per day from day 1 through day 15; and on day 16 they will receive $200 per day unless there is a break in service. The days worked will be monitored through STS.
Special Education Support Staff/Substitute Teacher Service Vacancies
Penn Manor School District is contracting Special Education Support Staff management and recruiting responsibilities with Substitute Teacher Service (STS).
STS is fully committed to contributing to the continuous movement of changing lives through the power of education.
We value our employees and seek to hire new staff who:
- Communicate openly to build relationships and trust
- Partner with team members to see the TEAM succeed
- Embrace and support a safe and inclusive environment
- Eagerly and enthusiastically support student learning
- Strive to be kind and reflective
- Understand the importance of consistent attendance
- Focus on the solution and put people first
- Lead by example!
Special Education Support Staff positions may provide group and individual classroom assistance with student academic and behavioral performance; direct student assistance with class work, testing and communication. Some placements may require assistance with monitoring of medical conditions, physical needs, personal care, feeding, and possible exposure to bodily fluids and/or toileting.
Listed below are immediate vacancies in Penn Manor School District. All positions are Monday through Friday; the hours vary by position, but are typically Monday – Friday, follow the school year calendar, and are approximately 6-6.5 hours each day. Starting rate is $12.06 per hour.
STS Para Services new hires will receive up to $100.00 reimbursement for new clearances and new TB tests obtained for employment purposes with STS after they have worked 30 days. Official receipts required for reimbursement.
All applicants must be pre-screened prior to submitting an application. For detailed information, please send your resume to Kay Diehl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education Support Staff:
- Personal Care Assistant (Elementary and Secondary)
- Special Education Paraprofessional (Elementary and Secondary)
- Learning Support Assistant
- Emotional Support Assistant
- Life Skills Assistant
- Substitute Support Staff
Prospective Teacher Substitutes Act 86 of 2016
- Must be currently enrolled in a Pennsylvania approved college or university teacher preparation program.
- Must have a minimum of 60 semester hours or equivalent.
- May teach a maximum of a maximum of 20 days per year.
- Meet requirements of Section 111, 111.1 and 1109 of the School Code related to clearances and moral character.
Important FBI Fingerprinting Clearance Notice for Employees, & Volunteers
Pennsylvania has initiated a vendor change in the FBI fingerprint process. The new vendor is IdentoGo. Please review the Clearance Instructions below before you attempt to obtain your FBI Fingerprints.
Act 150 of 2015 requires ALL prospective employees, current employees, independent contractors and volunteers to get and renew criminal background checks (both Pennsylvania State Police as well as FBI) and child abuse clearances on a five-year cycle. More information about the application process for these clearances is available here: Clearance Instructions
Penn Manor School District is a drug-free work place. We are committed to a safe, healthy and productive workplace for all employees while maintaining a drug-free educational environment for school aged children.
The pre-employment drug testing program will require any prospective employee recommended for employment with Penn Manor to undergo drug testing as part of an overall medical assessment. Recommendation for employment is contingent upon a successful pre-employment drug screening test and School Board approval.
Title IX Regulations
Penn Manor Teacher Contracts
Volunteer resources are here.
Job Fair and PA CareerLink Locations and Dates Available
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the primary duties and responsibilities of the job.
Penn Manor School District is an equal opportunity institute and it will not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in its activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504. For more information regarding civil rights and grievance procedures, contact Theresa Chiodi, Title IX Coordinator, Penn Manor School District, Millersville, PA 17551, 717-872-9500.