Why work for Penn Manor?
Penn Manor School District encourages creative approaches to meeting the needs of all students, both academically and socially. We are known for our emphasis on technology in the classroom, student collaboration, agricultural education and technical and career training. Our schools are rated among the best in Pennsylvania by “U.S. News & World Report.” We offer competitive pay and benefits packages and on-the-job training. Please consider joining our dynamic staff of employees, who are working each day to improve our community, one student at a time.
Complete the online PA Educator application: www.pa-educator.net.
Learn more about the PA Educator process.
Apply today! Positions include building and health room aides, food service, custodial, buildings and grounds, and technology.
None at this time.
- Apply through STS: the sub service
- Daily substitutes will receive $150.00 per day for the first 15 days worked in a school year. On the 16th day they will receive $200.00. The days worked will be monitored through STS.
Special Education Support Staff/Substitute Teacher Service Vacancies
Penn Manor School District is contracting Special Education Support Staff management and recruiting responsibilities with Substitute Teacher Service (STS).
STS is fully committed to contributing to the continuous movement of changing lives through the power of education.
We value our employees and seek to hire new staff who:
- Communicate openly to build relationships and trust
- Partner with team members to see the TEAM succeed
- Embrace and support a safe and inclusive environment
- Eagerly and enthusiastically support student learning
- Strive to be kind and reflective
- Understand the importance of consistent attendance
- Focus on the solution and put people first
- Lead by example!
Special Education Support Staff positions may provide group and individual classroom assistance with student academic and behavioral performance; direct student assistance with class work, testing and communication. Some placements may require assistance with monitoring of medical conditions, physical needs, personal care, feeding, and possible exposure to bodily fluids and/or toileting.
Listed below are immediate vacancies in Penn Manor School District. All positions are Monday through Friday; the hours vary by position, but are typically Monday – Friday, follow the school year calendar, and are approximately 6-6.5 hours each day. Starting rate is $14.00 per hour.
All applicants must be pre-screened prior to submitting an application. For detailed information, please send your resume to Kay Diehl at email@example.com
Special Education Support Staff
- Personal Care Assistant (Elementary and Secondary)
- Special Education Paraprofessional (Elementary and Secondary)
- Learning Support Assistant
- Emotional Support Assistant
- Life Skills Assistant
- Substitute Support Staff
Prospective Teacher Substitutes Act 86 of 2016
- Must be currently enrolled in a Pennsylvania approved college or university teacher preparation program.
- Must have a minimum of 60 semester hours or equivalent.
- May teach a maximum of a maximum of 20 days per year.
- Meet requirements of Section 111, 111.1 and 1109 of the School Code related to clearances and moral character.
FBI Fingerprinting Clearance Notice for Employees & Volunteers
Pennsylvania uses IdentoGo for the FBI fingerprint process. Please review the Clearance Instructions below before you attempt to obtain your FBI Fingerprints.
Act 150 of 2015 requires ALL prospective employees, current employees, independent contractors and volunteers to get and renew criminal background checks (both Pennsylvania State Police as well as FBI) and child abuse clearances on a five-year cycle. More information about the application process for these clearances is available here: Clearance Instructions
Penn Manor School District is a drug-free work place. We are committed to a safe, healthy and productive workplace for all employees while maintaining a drug-free educational environment for school aged children.
The pre-employment drug testing program will require any prospective employee recommended for employment with Penn Manor to undergo drug testing as part of an overall medical assessment. Recommendation for employment is contingent upon a successful pre-employment drug screening test and School Board approval.
Title IX Regulations
Penn Manor Teacher Contracts
Volunteer resources are here.
Job Fair and PA CareerLink
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the primary duties and responsibilities of the job.
Penn Manor School District is an equal opportunity institute and it will not discriminate on basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in its activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504. For more information regarding civil rights and grievance procedures, contact Gerard Egan, Title IX Coordinator, Penn Manor School District, Millersville, PA 17551, 717-872-9500.