Guidelines, Manual, and Policies
The Penn Manor School District welcomes and values volunteer participation in our schools. To ensure the safety of our students, volunteers must comply with the School Board Policies, see below. The policy established requirements and procedures to confirm that school volunteers are in compliance with the provisions of Act 153 of 2014, which amended the PA Child Protective Services Law. The law requires unpaid volunteers who will have direct contact with children to obtain background clearances before commencing services as a volunteer.
Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions
Should you have any questions, please contact the building principal or Jessica Ayala, Human Resources / Secretary to Assistant Superintendent, 717.872.9500 extension 2222.
Volunteers should review the following school board policies:
Application and Approval Process
The process for registering as a volunteer is as follows:
- Volunteer returns completed forms (Part 1).
- Volunteer completes and obtains required clearances and record checks (Part 2).
- Volunteer returns all fully completed forms and clearances to Building Secretary or District Office.
- Building Principal reviews forms and signs off on volunteer application.
- Human Resources provides final review and will notify the volunteer via email.
Part 1 – Required Forms
The forms in the link below are required and must be included with clearances:
PM Volunteer Application
Part 2 – Required Clearances and Record Checks
Pennsylvania requires that all current school volunteers obtain the following clearances. There is no charge for clearances, except for the FBI Criminal Background Check (approximately $23.85):
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check – Free when choosing volunteer as a reason for the request. This online application will provide immediate results. Be sure to click on “Certification Form” at the end of the process to reveal the actual clearance for you to print https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance – requests for clearance certifications may be made online at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. This is the Child Welfare Portal where you must set up an account. Free when choosing volunteer as a reason for the request.
- FBI Criminal Background Check (through IdentoGo – if you have lived in Pennsylvania for less than the past 10 years. there will be a fee between $20-$25 for the FBI Fingerprinting. To pre-enroll and register, go to https://uenroll.identogo.com/ You will be prompted to enter a service code to register. Please use 1KG6XN.
- Exemption signature required from FBI Background Check (if you have lived in Pennsylvania within the past 10 years). Included in application.
- Completed Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (PDE 6004)
Part 3 – Volunteer Submits All Forms, Clearances, and Record Checks
Volunteer MUST return fully completed forms and clearances to the Building Secretary where they are choosing to volunteer at.
For additional questions, contact Jessica Ayala, Human Resources / Secretary to Assistant Superintendent, 717.872.9500 extension 2222; firstname.lastname@example.org or Theresa K. Chiodi, Director of Human Resources, 717.872.9500, extension 2247; email@example.com.