Sixteen Penn Manor High School seniors are vying for the title of 2021 Homecoming Queen and – for the first time at Penn Manor – Homecoming King while raising money to support Penn Manor families in need.
Riley Peart, Ella Kratz, Joy Perkins, Avery Groff, Jesselin Lopez, Devyn Mauger, Lily Sugra and Nicole Lapp are the candidates for Homecoming Queen. Erik Hinkle, Connor Brumbaugh, Noe Perez, Charlie Gonzalez, Ethan Adelman, Carter Harnish, Harrison Brown and Zach Erb are vying for the title of Homecoming King.
The King and Queen will be crowned at halftime of Penn Manor’s homecoming football game against Cedar Crest on October 22 at Millersville University’s Biemesderfer Stadium.
During homecoming week, Penn Manor will host Fall Fest from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday, October 21, at Comet Field.
The event will include food trucks, fireworks, cornhole and spike ball tournaments, bounce houses, children’s games, a DJ and stands selling Four Diamonds merchandise.
Admission is free.
On Saturday, October 23, the Homecoming Dance will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on the top level of the high school parking garage.
Tickets can be purchased the week of October 17 during lunch periods or in the school office at $10 per person. Attire will be semi-formal (no jeans).
Members of this year’s homecoming court are raising money and collecting goods and supplies for the Loft Community Partnership, which provides clothing, food and household supplies to Penn Manor families in need. The court members are:
- Riley Peart, the daughter of Megan and Kevin Peart of Lancaster. Her father will be her escort at homecoming.
Riley is a member of the Student Ambassadors, National Honor Society, MiniTHON, Student Council and Comet Nation. She also plays on the Penn Manor basketball team.
After high school, Riley plans to attend a four-year university and major in biochemistry and public health.
- Ella Kratz, the daughter of Phil and Jen Kratz of Millersville. Her father will be her escort.
Ella has been involved in Penn Manor girls’ soccer, Student Council, the National Honor Society and MiniThon.
After high school, she plans to attend Central Penn College to become a physical therapist assistant.
- Joy Perkins, the daughter of Mary and Larry Perkins of Lancaster. Her parents will be her homecoming escorts.
Joy is a senior class officer and member of the National Honor Society. She has been involved with Penn Manor Productions, Manor Singers, Vocal Jazz Ensemble, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, the Board Game Club and the Spike Ball Club.
After high school, she plans to attend college and major in occupational therapy.
- Avery Groff, the daughter of Brad and Brenda Groff of Lancaster. Her father will be her escort.
Avery is a member of the Penn Manor swim team, the York YMCA swim team, Comet Nation, the National Honor Society and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
After high school, she plans to attend a four-year college and study finance.
- Jesselin Lopez, the daughter of Jessica Ortiz and Will Lopez of Mountville. Her parents will be her escorts.
Jesselin is a member of the Scrubs Club, the Spike Ball Club and Comet Nation. She plans to attend a four-year college after high school.
- Devyn Mauger, the daughter of Robert and Rebecca Mauger of Pequea. Her father will be her homecoming escort.
Devyn is a member of the girls’ lacrosse team, Lanco Elite Travel Lacrosse, the National Honor Society, MiniTHON and the varsity cheerleading squad. Devyn also is a junior coach for the Penn Manor Junior Comets and a Comet Nation Club student representative.
Devyn plans to attend Juniata College to continue to participate in athletics and major in secondary math education and psychology.
- Lily Sugra, the daughter of Chris and Jen Sugra of Millersville. Her father will be her escort.
Lily has participated in varsity soccer and basketball, MiniTHON, the National Honor Society, Comet Nation and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
She plans to attend a four-year college or university after high school.
- Nicole Lapp, the daughter of Robert and Erica Lapp of Lancaster. Her father will be her escort.
Nicole is a Student Ambassador and a member of the track and field and Unified Track and Field teams at Penn Manor.
After high school, she plans to attend Bloomsburg University and major in health sciences and psychology.
- Erik Hinkle, the son of Nichole and Yon Hinkle of Millersville. His parents will be his escorts.
Erik participated in football and lacrosse at Penn Manor. After high school, he plans to attend a four-year college and study business.
- Connor Brumbaugh, the son of David and Leslie Brumbaugh of Lancaster. His mother will be his escort.
Connor participated in the MiniTHON and lacrosse and was a Comet Boy and Comet Nation club leader. After high school, he plans to attend Albright College and play lacrosse.
- Noe Perez, the son of Rosa Valdez and Rafael Perez of Lancaster. His escort will be Kayla Benne-Shindle.
At Penn Manor, he participated in the Attollo program and was a member of the basketball team. After high school, Noe plans to major in education at Millersville University.
- Charlie Gonzalez, the son of Merida Gonzalez of Lancaster. His escort will be Shalaika Gonzelez.
Charlie participated in football and lacrosse at Penn Manor. After graduation, he plans to study criminal justice at Alvernia University.
- Ethan Adelman, the son of Jared and Lori Adelman of Conestoga. His mother will be his escort.
Ethan participated in football, baseball, recreational basketball and the Football Club at Penn Manor. His post-graduation plans are undecided, although he is interested in becoming an athletic trainer.
- Carter Harnish, the son of Kyle and Amanda Harnish of Washington Boro. His mother will be his homecoming escort.
Carter played baseball at Penn Manor High School. After graduation, he plans to attend a four-year college.
- Harrison Brown, the son of Dan and Tina Brown of Millersville. His parents will be his homecoming escorts.
Harrison participated in track and field, wrestling, the MiniTHON and the Comet Nation club.
After high school, he plans to attend a four-year college and study business and sports medicine, with the goal of opening his own gym.
- Zach Erb, the son of Keith and Michelle Erb of Holtwood. His mother will be his homecoming escort.
He participated in varsity soccer, Young Life, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Comet Nation club.
Zach plans to study business at a four-year college after high school.
Best wishes to all the candidates!