The Penn Manor school board has approved a plan to extend the current Blended Learning format through November 5 while beginning to transition to a full, in-person learning format in November.
The plan includes:
- Keeping students in their current Group A and Group B formats through the first marking period on November 5.
- Between now and November 5 – Providing additional live video learning opportunities for Blended Learning students when they are not physically in school.
- September 28 – Bringing targeted students with disabilities and English Language Learners back to schools four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday).
- November 9 – Transitioning students in grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 12 to full in-person instruction.
- November 16 – Transitioning students in grades 8, 10 and 11 to full in-person instruction.
- Operating Penn Manor Virtual School in its current format through the 2020-2021 school year, regardless of any changes in school-based instruction.
This plan is subject to alteration based on the status of COVID-19 cases in our schools and community and will be reviewed by the school board at its November 2 meeting before full implementation.
Parents will be notified by school principals regarding the impact of these changes on specific school procedures.