Penn Manor schools are closed through March 27 in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. It is unclear whether that status will change or when we may be able to resume normal operations. As we all deal with this unprecedented challenge, we want to share some important information with parents:
- The education of children is on hold as we consider options moving forward under the direction of the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- We have decided not to pursue online learning for our students at this time. We would not be able to fulfill our legal and ethical obligation to serve every student appropriately via this means, and many of our students lack access to the internet at home.
- Buildings will be open to teachers and the public by appointment only beginning Wednesday, March 18. Visitors should call the school office to arrange a visit or to pick up student medications or other important belongings. School contact information is available here.
- March 13 is now officially the end of the third marking period. Students’ grades will reflect assignments and assessments completed through that date.
- We are working to establish a system to provide breakfasts and lunches to Penn Manor families, especially those with children who qualify for free- or reduced-price meals, beginning Wednesday, March 18. More details will be released as they become available.
- All buildings are undergoing a deep cleaning, including all carpeting, fabric surfaces and touch points.
- Essential school district personnel, with minimal exceptions, will begin working from home Wednesday.