A group of eight Penn Manor alumni returned to the high school Jan. 3 to share advice with current Penn Manor students about attending college while participating in sports.
The Athletic Alumni Roundtable, held in the high school cafeteria, attracted about 40 students, along with coaches and parents.
The panel of collegians responded to questions about balancing athletics and academics, choosing the right college and the differences between athletics on the college and high school levels.
After the question-and-answer session, the student athletes broke into small groups for individual discussions with students.
The roundtable was designed to help Penn Manor students “become a little bit more college ready and to help them decide which colleges would be a good fit,” said Jason Mattern, Penn Manor athletic director.
Many thanks to our alumni who participated in the event:
- Brooke DeBerdine (Class of 2017) University of Maryland, field hockey
- Cassie Kline (Class of 2015), Penn State University, field hockey
- Doug Kramer (Class of 2017), Eastern University, cross country, track and field
- Grant Gale (Class of 2017), Franklin & Marshall College, football
- Matt Keller (Class of 2015), Syracuse University, football
- Nick Kirk (Class of 2016), Ursinus College, lacrosse
- Wyatt Barnett (Class of 2016), York College, lacrosse
- Casey McCollum (Class of 2018), Lafayette College, football