In a tight competition involving students from all seven Penn Manor elementary schools, teams of fourth- and fifth-graders from Central Manor Elementary took home the 2017 Math Bowl trophy.
More than 50 students participated in the competition, which tests students’ general math ability and skills in solving multi-step and word problems and computations with and without a calculator. This year’s scores were the highest in four years, said Eshleman Elementary principal Krista Cox, who coordinates the competition.
Fourth-grade results were:
- First: Central Manor team of Cooper Dawkins, Brady Breneman, Zoe Thomas and Jordan Chen.
- Second: Conestoga team of Breanna Brittain, Xander Mowery, Zoey Groff and Brynn Noll.
- Third: Hambright team of David Ferre, Lauren Hippensteel, Angel Luna and Ethan Mollica.
Fifth-grade results were:
- First: Central Manor team of Carter Vinson, Matthew Perkins, Ethan Benne and Tristan Groff.
- Second: Letort team of Suren Clark, Cole Troop, Will Steltz and Grant Rost.
- Third: Eshleman team of Autumn Kirkley, Mackenzi Nafziger, Lauren Daigle and Tyler Keller.
Congratulations to all who participated!