In an effort to increase safety, Penn Manor High School has implemented new drop-off and pick-up procedures at its campus. The procedures were adopted based on a safety review conducted after an accident last year involving a student and a school bus.
Below are the new procedures, which take effect when the school year starts Aug. 25. Click here for a map depicting the drop-off and pick-up areas and crosswalks. For best view, click on “satellite.”
Locations of Crosswalks at Penn Manor High School Complex:
- The crosswalk at Herr Avenue will be used by students walking to school.
- The crosswalk near the underpass (bus port/cafeteria) will be used by students to walk from the parent drop-off location near Cottage Avenue.
Students Who Walk to/from Penn Manor High School Complex:
- Morning – All students who walk to school from Manor Avenue (northern portion) should walk on the sidewalk on Herr Avenue and use the pedestrian crosswalk that has been painted on the road.
- Afternoon – All students who walk home from the high school complex should use the same route.
Morning: Parent Drop-Off for Public and Non-Public Students:
- All students should be dropped off on the sidewalk by the auditorium near Model Avenue, where a blue sign indicates “Student Drop-Off.”
- Students should be dropped at this location from 7:15 to 7:20 a.m. Non-public school buses transporting students will leave promptly at 7:25 a.m.
- For safety reasons, students must use the sidewalk to travel to the crosswalk located by the underpass and cross over to the road to board their non-public school bus.
- After dropping off students, cars will immediately exit the school grounds using Model Avenue and turn right at the Central Complex to exit by either High School Avenue or North George Street.
- No cars will be permitted to drop off students near the bus loading/unloading zone at any time.
Morning: Students Transported by Bus to Penn Manor High School Complex
- NEW THIS YEAR – Non-public school students transported to Penn Manor High School by Schultz or Eshbach buses must walk on the sidewalk and board Bus #226 to wait for their bus to arrive before boarding the bus to their non-public school.
Afternoon: Parent Pick-Up for Non-Public Students
- Buses will arrive from 3:25 to 3:45 p.m. Parents may park in front of the cafeteria doors prior to the time buses drop students off in the afternoon and must wait until buses have departed before exiting the high school complex.
Here is a printable download of the procedures: HS drop-off, pickup procedures 7-22-14