Guest Wireless Terms and Conditions
Filtered Internet guest wireless service is provided for use by Penn Manor School District staff members, students and guests only. Students, staff and guests are expected to act in a professional, responsible, ethical and legal manner when utilizing the Penn Manor Guest Wireless Network. Guests must agree to the Penn Manor School District Acceptable and Responsible Use of Network Resources policy and to the additional terms listed below:
1. Penn Manor School District makes no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, for the network or technology services provided. The district is not responsible for any damages incurred including loss of data resulting from data delivery delays, missed deliveries, or financial obligations incurred through the use of Internet websites. Use of any information obtained through the Guest Wireless Network is at the user’s risk. The district disclaims responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through the Internet or other forms of electronic communication.
2. Penn Manor School District will not be held responsible for any physical damage, loss or theft of personal devices or for data loss. The district is not responsible for providing power to personal devices on the Guest Wireless Network.
3. Penn Manor’s Guest Wireless Network will provide filtered Internet access only. No access to internal-only district printers, servers or services is provided.
4. In accordance with the requirements set forth by the United States Congress in the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA), Penn Manor School District filters, logs and monitors access to the Internet and blocks offensive, obscene, and inappropriate images and content including pornography.
5. The district reserves the right to log, monitor and review all activities on the PM Guest Wireless Network.
6. Penn Manor School District reserves the right to inspect, at any time, any personally owned device while connected to the Guest Wireless Network.
7. Student use of personal electronic devices in the classroom setting will be at the discretion of the classroom teacher and building principal.
8. Penn Manor School District does not provide technical support for staff, student or guest personal devices on the Penn Manor Guest Wireless Network.
9. Illegal use of the PM Guest Wireless Network, intentional deletion or damage to files or data belonging to others, copyright violations or theft of services may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities for possible prosecution.
10. Violation of any of the above terms or to the provisions in the Penn Manor School District Acceptable and Responsible Use of Network Resources policy will result in the suspension or termination of a user’s privilege to technology resources, a restriction of the user’s privileges and a withdraw of privileges to the PM Guest Wireless Network. Staff and students should understand that if they commit any violation of this policy, their access privileges will be suspended or revoked, disciplinary action will be taken, and/or appropriate legal action may be instituted.