About 30 Penn Manor middle and high school students won multiple awards at the Lancaster-Lebanon Technology Student Association regional competition over the weekend at Conestoga Valley Middle School.
Vying against 300 students from other schools in the area, pupils from Manor and Marticville middle schools and Penn Manor High School earned awards and the right to represent their schools in the state-level TSA competition in April. Here are the winners:
Manor Middle School
- In the Flight challenge, Ray Gerner placed second, and Max Minnick placed fifth.
- In the Go-Green Manufacturing competition, the team of Jonathan Flatley, Simon Shoelkopf and Jared Stephan placed second.
- In the Problem Solving event, the team of Ray Gerner and Max Minnick placed second, and Kevin Ward and Simon Shoelkopf placed seventh.
- In the System Control Technology competition, the team of Kevin Ward, Zach Schucker and Jonathan Flatley placed first, and Aiden McFall, Ray Gerner, and Jared Stephan placed third.
- In the Website Design challenge, the team of Jay McFadden and Matt Schaefer placed first.
- In the Tech Bowl written challenge, Kevin Ward qualified to compete at the state level.
- In the Dragster event, Erik Starry placed second, Chris Trussell placed 10th, Isaiah White placed 11th, Jaron Myers placed 12th, and Richard Beamsderfer placed 13th.
Penn Manor HS
- In the Digital Video Production challenge, the team of Tristan Smith, Hayden Ali, Benjamin Thomas, Sean Bernheisel and Bennett Manning placed first. The team also placed fourth in the On-Demand Video competition.
- In Music Production, the team of Timothy Casey, Zach Holsinger and David Lefever placed third.
- In Electronic Game Design, the team of Nick Buchwalder, Zach Holsinger and Ben Fry placed fourth.
- In the Technology Bowl written challenge, Daniel Cheston qualified for state competition.
- In Dragster Design, Colin Cunningham placed 14th.
The students now will compete at the state-level TSA competition April 9 through 12 at Seven Springs Resort.
Congratulations to all, and best of luck in April!
In the photo are members of the Manor Middle School TSA front row, from left, Josh Adams, Ray Gerner, Max Minnick, Kevin Ward, Matt Schaefer, and Luke Frey; back row, from left, Jared Stephan, Jay McFadden, Aiden McFall, Zach Schucker, Jonathan Flatley and Simon Shoelkopf.